Work for us
HFHA is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to recruit and assign the best qualified personnel for all of our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation or characteristic protected by law.
Position vacant: Donor Care Manager - Direct Marketing focus
Our donors are very special people – critical to us achieving our mission – so we are looking for a very special person to nurture them!
Reporting to the Marketing and Fundraising Manager, the Donor Care Manager will:
- lead integrated, donor centric direct mail and online strategies designed to enhance donor loyalty
- manage donor acquisition and retention campaigns
- manage our direct mail and eDM appeals, regular giving, HabitatGifts and bequests programs
- measure and evaluate campaigns
- passionate about customer service and donor care
- degree qualified in marketing, business or communications
- confident delivering end-to-end projects and working at a strategic level (you are both a doer and a thinker!)
- great communicator and great relationship manager – in fact you love people!
- experienced developing and implementing successful eDM and DM campaigns including budgetary responsibility and strategic direction
- analytical and capable of drawing insights from data and translating that into donor acquisition and retention strategies
- ideally you’ll also be a great writer - able to inspire our donors with your beautiful storytelling!
Exciting times ahead!
In this newly created position you will have the opportunity to make the role your own and contribute to families living in poverty through the introduction of innovative programs, as well as expand upon our current programs.
About the team
Our small Marketing and Fundraising team who manage all fundraising activities to support HFHA’s work in our partner countries and Australia. The team is also responsible for marketing, events and PR.
We work closely with all HFHA program teams (International Programs, Australian Programs and Global Village) to deliver programs to build homes, hopes and communities.
Position description for the role Donor Care Manager.
Please direct all enquiries to the Marketing and Fundraising Manager (Monique Ryan) on email or tel 02 9919 7000.
Applications addressing key selection criteria (you will not be considered if you fail to address the criteria).
Volunteer position vacant: Event Organiser - World Habitat Day
Habitat for Humanity Australia (HFHA) is an independent non-profit organisation working to reduce housing poverty and be a recognised voice on the right to shelter. HFHA supports projects in both Australia and overseas.
HFHA is planning a public event to celebrate World Habitat Day in the first week of October 2013. To organise the event, we would like to have an enthusiastic, energetic and reliable volunteer to help us, preferably with previous experience in organising events. The position in located in Sydney and can be worked from the HFHA Sydney office or sometimes from home. Minimum eight hours per week, with the possiblity for more hours closer to event.
The duties include but are not limited to:
- Arrange the required permits and paper work with City of Sydney;
- Engage with a range of university students and/or lecturers to recruit more volunteers to help with building the event;
- Help to develop other materials needed to host the event with different departments within HFHA including marketing materials;
- Help run the event on the day;
- Other duties needed to organise the event.
- Good organisation skills
- Ability to communicate with different stakeholders
- Experience in event management
- Interest and understanding in international development/urban development/ slums/housing/town planning.
To apply please send your CV and a one page cover letter explaining your experience and why you would like to volunteers with us. Please also indicate the possible days/hours you would be available. Send your application via email by 31st May 2013.
Volunteer in Australia
For volunteering opportunities at Habitat for Humanity Australia's National Office in Sydney, or in your state, please contact the relevant individual below.