TITLE: Direct Marketing Officer
REPORTS TO: Head of Impact Giving & Engagement
LOCATION: North Sydney office, and flexible work from home arrangements
HOURS: Full-time (we will also consider Part-time for the right applicant)
DATE: April 2021
Habitat for Humanity is a global not-for-profit provider of housing for low-income families in need. Established in 1976, Habitat for Humanity has changed the lives of people all over the world. Today, Habitat for Humanity works in thousands of communities around the world and has built, rehabilitated and repaired over one million homes, helping more than 35 million people. Our vision is a world where everyone has a safe and decent place to live.
Habitat in Australia (HFHA) supports poverty reduction projects across Asia, including multi-year projects focused on shelter, urban, community empowerment and disaster risk reduction. In Australia, Habitat for Humanity provides a range of services to disadvantaged individuals and families. Our services include various volunteering programs for corporates, schools and individuals, disaster recovery assistance and partnerships to provide and improve housing solutions. It is an exciting time at HFH. Our new three year strategy will support our ambitious goal of tripling our impact by 2025. This will only happen through new innovations, new ways of thinking and the right people.
We are looking for a ‘Habitat Hero’ to join a passionate Fundraising team. We punch above our weight and love to make a difference in the lives of the families we help.
The Direct Marketing (DM) Officer is responsible for implementing a range of multi-channel direct marketing and fundraising campaigns, supporting both acquisition and retention of donors, and the conversion of volunteers to donors and vice versa. The successful applicant will play a key role in contributing to HFHA’s strategic fundraising objectives, including the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of direct marketing campaigns.
The Fundraising team coordinates all activities relating to raising charitable funds from individuals to support HFHA’s work. This includes building on the excellent relationships currently in place with supporters, establishing relationships with new supporter groups and developing these relationships to ensure the organisation meets its ambitious fundraising growth targets.
The role also works closely with database, marketing/communications functions, and other fundraising, programs and support teams within HFHA.
Do you have a current passport? This role may include the opportunity to travel overseas to participate in changing the lives of a family in need with your own hands.
DM Project Management
• Project management of an innovative, data-driven direct marketing program using a range of fundraising channels within agreed budgets and timelines. Including, but not exclusive to direct mail and online appeals and newsletters.
• Support of the DM program’s objectives, by monitoring revenue targets and expenditure budgets, and proactively proposing changes as necessary to meet agreed goals
• Work with external DM suppliers to build positive, long-term relationships to maximise value and effectiveness across campaign concepts, creative and design, copywriting, print, mail house, and digital marketing.
DM Program Growth
• Research and recommend opportunities for the program’s growth and development.
• Work closely with the Communications team to ensure quality content and a seamless engagement experience for potential donors and fundraisers
• Work closely with Volunteering and Partnerships teams to maximise cross-selling revenue opportunities for programs impacted by DM strategy.
DM Program Quality
• Contribute to ongoing database integrity, and accuracy, for all fundraising campaigns.
• Utilise feedback from donors, supporters and stakeholders
• Undertake post-campaign reporting and share learnings with stakeholders and team.
- Multi-channel direct marketing, and project management skills essential
- Excellent communication, copywriting/editing, customer service and relationship management skills
- Experience in database fundraising essential, with analytical focus and great eye for detail
- Interest and enthusiasm to work in the charitable sector, strong personal values, proud and supportive of Habitat’s work, self-motivated and proactive.
- Supportive of the ethos of a Christian aid organisation and its mission and vision.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce CRM, or similar CRM
- Experience with international or domestic programs and relevant work or volunteering experience
Previous exposure to and understanding of housing or poverty issues, aid development and NGO programs
Please send your CV and cover letter to Dan via email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Direct Marketing Officer Application.
Applications close May 7th, 2021.