Habitat for Humanity is a leading global housing NGO working in more than 70 countries. We are seeking a full-time Volunteer Program Manager to lead our expanding corporate / community building maintenance and disaster recovery volunteer programs.
Habitat for Humanity is a leading global housing non-profit working in more than 70 countries. One of our programs in NSW supports accommodation services and disadvantaged people by mobilising teams of volunteers and corporate supporters to complete building maintenance, painting, landscaping, disaster recovery work and building projects.
We are seeking a Volunteer Program Manager to manage and deliver our expanding volunteer program in NSW. This is a ongoing full time position.
Essential Selection Criteria
• Building, renovation, construction and maintenance skills and experience, including ability to paint and complete building repairs and small building projects.
• Well-developed program management and coordination skills.
• Ability to support, motivate, supervise and work with up to 10 unskilled volunteers working on building maintenance and disaster recovery projects creating a positive fun work environment.
• Highly motivated, positive, excellent organisation skills with very good attention to detail and ability to work independently.
• Well-developed stakeholder management skills
• Highly developed communication skills including written, verbal and presentation skills.
• Unrestricted driver’s licence, ability to drive a Ute with trailer and willingness to travel.
• Construction White Card (or willingness to obtain) and knowledge of construction site safety.
The Volunteer Program Manager is responsible for program management, coordination, logistics and leading teams of often unskilled volunteers to complete various projects and providing guidance and positive support.
The Volunteer Program Manager undertakes a range of functions including –
• Establishing, coordinating and managing a program of activities and related resources
• Working with and establishing effective relationships with program stakeholders including partner agencies, recipients and other staff
• Manage all logistics for volunteer activities efficiently and effectively including, documentation, tools, equipment, materials, program related payments, refreshments, etc
• Ensuring that program reporting requirements are met
• Organising and managing various projects including, maintenance work, landscaping projects, indoor and outdoor painting, disaster recovery and small building projects
• Supporting, managing, motivating and work with teams of unskilled volunteers and creating a positive, fun work environment.
• Ensuring a safe working environment and proactively encouraging safe working practices
• Preparing briefing documents, program reports, evaluation documentation, etc
Note – the successful applicant will need to provide evidence of a clear criminal history and adhere to HFH’s Code of Conduct, policies and procedures including the Child Protection Policy.
To apply for this position please email a covering letter that specifically addresses each of the selection criteria and your resume to Mduby@habitat.org.au. using subject line: Program and Volunteer Coordinator
For any questions regarding the position or to obtain a Position Description
please email Dhart@habitat.org.au.
There is no closing date – applications will be considered as they are received.