Fitness Build 2021, Indonesia
2nd October - 9th October 2021
Join us in Jogjakarta and have a week long work out with a difference. You can provide a family with the long-term shelter and security they need for their future!
In October 2021, fitness professionals and gyms will be taking their clients for a work-out with a difference. In the space of just one week your team will build homes, communities, independence and hope for vulnerable families in Indonesia. Not only will this be a rewarding travel experience of a lifetime, it is the perfect way to add value to your client relationships, and stand out from your competition. No building experience is necessary!
Your team may work on one or several houses, using local construction techniques and materials. You could be mixing concrete, weaving bamboo, digging foundations, laying bricks, hammering, rendering or painting. The itinerary will include cultural activities, and plenty of opportunities to bond with your team and others by the hotel pool. At the end of the week the body will be hurting, but it will all be worth it as we hand over the homes to families which will last for generations.
Saturday 2nd October 2021:
Meet the team and your Habitat representatives in Yogyakarta and get to know each other over a welcome dinner
Sunday 3rd October 2021:
Take in the local sights and visit the beautiful temples of Borobodur
Monday 4th October 2021:
Meet your partner families and the Habitat build staff who will complete your safety briefing. Get started on your first day of building
Tuesday 5th – Thursday 7th October 2021:
Full days of building with the Rock the House crew
Friday 8th October 2021:
Final day of building, handover ceremony and dedication of the new home to your partner families. Finish the day with a dinner with the team to celebrate everything you have achieved
Saturday 9th October 2021:
Depart for home or further adventures – many of our volunteers combine a build with travel to other exciting destinations
- Minimum Fundraising Amount: $1,800
- This amount can be fundraised. All donations over $2 are tax deductible and will support Habitat for Humanity projects.
- Registration Fee: $200
- Build Week Costs: $700-$900 twin share depending on accommodation, meals, transfers and domestic travel requirements
- Registration deadline: 2nd July 2021
- Fundraising contribution deadline: 2nd September 2021
What’s included in your build week costs:
- Twin share accommodation (single accommodation available at an additional cost)
- All meals Monday – Friday
- Bottled water on the build site
- Return airport transfers
- Transport to and from site each day
- Local sightseeing activities as per itinerary
- Support from your team leader, Habitat for Humanity Australia and Habitat for Humanity Nepal
- Personal fundraising webpage and access to fundraising resources
- Local host coordinator and translator
- Welcome orientation
- All necessary building materials and safety equipment
- Dedication and home handover ceremony with partner family
- 24 hour in-country support
- Insurance while on the build site
- Flights (Habitat can help advise the best flights for you through our partners at Flight Centre’s Travel Club)
- Travel Insurance
Should for any reason the Fitness Build have to be postponed to a later date, we will transfer all costs and fundraising on to another experience of your choosing (including overseas) with Habitat for Humanity Australia
Need more info?
Please leave your contact details and we will send you an information pack on this volunteer experience.
Registration closes on
02 July 2021
Experience of a lifetime
A Global Village trip is a truly rewarding experience. Get your hands dirty on the building site, interact with the families whose houses you are helping to construct, experience the country like an insider and do it all alongside a team of like-minded volunteers. No experience is required, sign up today!
Download the Fitness Build 2021 brochure here