Our new campaign allows you to fundraise for a future build and put down a fundraising ‘deposit’ to build a home overseas at a later date. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic our Global Village Builds are on hold until further notice, but we want you to have something to look forward to when travel is once again an option.
Register for our Home Deposit campaign and you can begin fundraising from home. Then when travel overseas opens you can elect to participate in one of our available builds. Currently there is no deadline to when you can transfer so you can fundraise as long as you need and make a decision at a later date.
We are deeply grateful for your continued support, which is especially meaningful as the financial impact of the COVID-19 pandemic has multiplied so many families’ need for safe, stable housing. Because of your commitment, families can begin to create and regain the financial stability to live healthy, stable lives for generations to come.
- Minimum Donation Contribution: $1,800 (All donations over $2 are tax deductible and goes towards the home you are building and impacts more families through a wider program in the Asia Pacific.)
- Registration Fee: $200
- Build Week Costs: $1200-$1500 twin share depending on accommodation, meals, transfers and domestic travel requirements (This is only due once you have elected what build you would like to participate in)
- Registration deadline: NA
- Fundraising contribution deadline: NA
What’s included in your build week costs:
- Twin share accommodation (single accommodation available at an additional cost)
- All meals Monday – Friday
- Bottled water on the build site
- Return airport transfers
- Transport to and from site each day
- Local sightseeing activities as per itinerary
- Support from your team leader, Habitat for Humanity Australia and Habitat for Humanity Nepal
- Personal fundraising webpage and access to fundraising resources
- Local host coordinator and translator
- Welcome orientation
- All necessary building materials and safety equipment
- Dedication and home handover ceremony with partner family
- 24 hour in-country support
- Insurance while on the build site
- Flights (Habitat can help advise the best flights for you through our partners at Flight Centre’s Travel Club)
- Travel Insurance
Need more info?
Please leave your contact details and we will send you an information pack on this volunteer experience.
Ready to sign up for the experience of a life time?
A Global Village trip is a truly rewarding experience. Get your hands dirty on the building site, interact with the families whose houses you are helping to construct, experience the country like an insider and do it all alongside a team of like-minded volunteers. No experience is required, sign up today!
Download the Home Deposit brochure here.