6th - 13th March, 2021
UNITE. REBUILD LIVES. EMPOWER WOMEN.
In 2021 Habitat for Humanity Australia will continue with our exciting new partnership with a remarkable group of women from East Nepal.
Most of the people in the East region live in poorly built thatched houses. In Nepal, like many other places in the world, decent shelter is a symbol of social dignity. The lack of it has been shown to be a barrier to other critically important things in life such as education, health care and social mobility. Helping families upgrade their current housing provides a big boost and often enables them to take the next step, usually the education of their children.
Volunteers will have a culturally rewarding opportunity to work hand-in-hand with families that are actively engaged in rebuilding their own homes. Time permitting, GV team members may be able to visit local schools and temples, and if the calendars align, participate in local festivals.
Unite, Empower and Build Community. #ImpactBuild2021
Saturday 6th March:
Meet your team in Kathmandu and get to know each other over a welcome dinner
Sunday 7th March:
Discover the local sights with your team and travel to East Nepal together by air (2hr flight)
Monday 8th March:
Early rise to meet your partner family and the Habitat staff who will complete your safety orientation and work together to commence building
Tuesday 9th– Thursday 11th March:
Full days of building with your teammates and partner family
Friday 12th March:
Final day of building, hand over ceremony and dedication of the new home to our partner family
Saturday 13th March:
Depart back to Kathmandu or continue on further adventures – many of our volunteers combine a build with travel to other exciting destinations. We recommend booking any international travel no sooner than the 14th March to allow for any travel delays domestically in Nepal.
- Registration: $200
- Minimum Fundraising Amount: $2,500 – This amount can be fundraised. (All donations over $2 are tax deductible and goes towards the home you are building and impacts more families through a wider program in the Asia Pacific region.)
- Build Week Costs: $1000-$1200 twin share depending on accommodation, meals, transfers and domestic travel requirements
- Registration deadline: 6th January 2021
- Fundraising contribution deadline: 6 February 2021
What’s included in your build week costs:
- Twin share accommodation (single accommodation available at an additional cost)
- All meals Monday – Friday
- Bottled water on the build site
- Return airport transfers
- Transport to and from site each day
- Local sightseeing activities as per itinerary
- Support from your team leader, Habitat for Humanity Australia and Habitat for Humanity Nepal
- Personal fundraising webpage and access to fundraising resources
- Local host coordinator and translator
- Welcome orientation
- All necessary building materials and safety equipment
- Dedication and home handover ceremony with partner family
- 24 hour in-country support
- Insurance while on the build site
Not Included (Volunteers are responsible for arranging their own):
- Travel Insurance
- Additional nights accommodation
Need more info?
Please leave your contact details and we will send you an information pack on this volunteer experience.