Rumah Build, Indonesia
30th January - 6th February 2021
Experience the real Bali and give back to the local community by building a home for a family in need. You can provide a family with the long-term shelter and security they need for their future!
The spread of development in Indonesia has been uneven, and there remain vulnerable groups of people living in poverty. Growing urbanisation means that access to housing will become a major challenge for Indonesia in the coming years. The current housing backlog in Indonesia is estimated at 6 million houses and is projected to rise by 1million houses every year.
Your team will help make a life changing impact in the community of Selopamioro. Habitat, through a participatory approach, will actively engage the community, its leaders, and local government in every aspect of the project from design to implementation, in order to ensure its quality and sustainability.
The outcome of the project, which will run over the next 5 years, is to increase the quality of life for over 3,000 community members through a variety of means, including constructing and repairing homes, building a new water management system, bringing safe and clean water to the community as well as providing skills and knowledge training in water management and health and hygiene.
Saturday 30th January 2021:
Meet the team and your Habitat representatives in Yogyakarta and get to know each other over a welcome dinner
Sunday 31st January 2021:
Take in the local sights and visit the beautiful temples of Borobodur
Monday 1st February 2021:
Meet your partner families and the Habitat build staff who will complete your safety briefing. Get started on your first day of building
Tuesday 2nd – Thursday 4th February 2021:
Full days of building with the Rock the House crew
Friday 5th February 2021:
Final day of building, handover ceremony and dedication of the new home to your partner families. Finish the day with a dinner with the team to celebrate everything you have achieved
Saturday 6th February 2021:
Depart for home or further adventures – many of our volunteers combine a build with travel to other exciting destinations
- Minimum Fundraising Amount: $1,800
- This amount can be fundraised. All donations over $2 are tax deductible and will support Habitat for Humanity projects.
- Registration Fee: $200
- Build Week Costs: $700-$900 twin share depending on accommodation, meals, transfers and domestic travel requirements
- Registration deadline: 30th October 2020
- Fundraising contribution deadline: 30 December 2020
What’s included in your build week costs:
- Twin share accommodation (single accommodation available at an additional cost)
- All meals Monday – Friday
- Bottled water on the build site
- Return airport transfers
- Transport to and from site each day
- Local sightseeing activities as per itinerary
- Support from your team leader, Habitat for Humanity Australia and Habitat for Humanity Nepal
- Personal fundraising webpage and access to fundraising resources
- Local host coordinator and translator
- Welcome orientation
- All necessary building materials and safety equipment
- Dedication and home handover ceremony with partner family
- 24 hour in-country support
- Insurance while on the build site
- Flights (Habitat can help advise the best flights for you through our partners at Flight Centre’s Travel Club)
- Travel Insurance
Need more info?
Please leave your contact details and we will send you an information pack on this volunteer experience.
Registration closes on
30 October 2020
Experience of a lifetime
A Global Village trip is a truly rewarding experience. Get your hands dirty on the building site, interact with the families whose houses you are helping to construct, experience the country like an insider and do it all alongside a team of like-minded volunteers. No experience is required, sign up today!
Download the Rumah Build brochure here