Team in the North
12th June - 19th June 2021
Get your hands dirty working alongside local communities to provide strong homes in the Dai Tu province of Thai Nguyen which has some of the highest rates of poverty in the country
The northern provinces of Vietnam have some of the highest rates of poverty in the country. Dai Tu District where the project is being implemented is one of the most marginalized districts of Thai Nguyen province with livelihoods predominantly dependent on agricultural production such as rice, tea, crops and forestation.
The families’ meagre incomes leave little savings to invest in the improvement, maintenance and safety of their homes. For the low income families living in non-sustainable housing, they remain trapped in a cycle of continuous investment for temporary repairs or renovations. Moreover, a large number of people are living in unsafe shelter and are using untreated water from wells, streams and rivers.
By volunteering for this build you will be able to help break the poverty cycle in Thai Nguyen and help these families have a safer present and a more sustainable future.
Saturday 12th June 2021:
Fly into Noi Bai International Airport where you will be transported by our team in Vietnam to your hotel. Then get to know each other over a welcome dinner.
Sunday 13th June 2021:
Discover the local sights with your team and travel to Thai Nguyen where you will be building for the week
Monday 14th June 2021:
Meet your partner family and the Habitat build staff who will complete your safety orientation for the first day of building
Tuesday 15th June – Thursday 17th June 2021:
Full days of building with your teammates
Friday 18th June 2021:
Final day of building, hand over ceremony and dedication of the new home to our partner family
Saturday 19th June 2021:
Depart for home or further adventures – many of our volunteers combine a build with travel to other overseas destinations
Minimum Donation Contribution: $1,800 (All donations over $2 are tax deductible and goes towards the home you are building and impacts more families through a wider program in the Asia Pacific.)
- Deposit: $200
- Build Week Costs: $600-$850 based on twin share depending on accommodation, meals, transfers and domestic travel requirements – single rooms will be a higher rate
- Registration deadline: 12th February 2021
- Fundraising contribution deadline: 12th May 2021
- For visa application volunteers must hold a passport with at least 6 months validity from the build start date (December 2019)
What’s included in your build week costs:
- Twin share accommodation (single accommodation available at an additional cost)
- All meals Monday – Friday
- Bottled water on the build site
- Return airport transfers
- Transport to and from site each day
- Local sightseeing activities as per itinerary
- Support from your team leader, Habitat for Humanity Australia and Habitat for Humanity Vietnam
- Personal fundraising webpage and access to fundraising resources
- Local host coordinator and translator
- Welcome orientation
- All necessary building materials and safety equipment
- Dedication and home handover ceremony with partner family
- 24 hour in-country support
- Insurance while on the build site
- Flights (Habitat can help advise the best flights for you through our partners at Flight Centre’s Travel Club)
- Travel Insurance
Should for any reason the Team in the North have to be postponed to a later date, we will transfer all costs and fundraising on to another experience of your choosing (including overseas) with Habitat for Humanity Australia
Need more info?
Please leave your contact details and we will send you an information pack on this volunteer experience.
Registration closes on
12 February 2021
Ready to sign up for an experience of a life time?
A Global Village trip is a truly rewarding experience. Get your hands dirty on the building site, interact with the families whose houses you are helping to construct, experience the country like an insider and do it all alongside a team of like-minded volunteers. No experience is required, sign up today!
Download the Team in the North brochure here.